A possibility to meet the high creative as well as functional requirements for representative building areas is offered by company Weiss in the combination of a raised floor with stone covering.
This combination of system floor and ceramic – , cast stone – or natural stone covering opens up a wider range of design options. Meanwhile, a variety of natural stones from all over the world are available in Germany and because of the new machining and cutting techniques the production of natural stone tiles in almost all formats and thicknesses with a high dimensional accuracy is possible.
The mineralogical composition gives the natural stone its typical properties (coloring, structure, compressive strength, bending tensile strength, etc.). Important for stone covering is a sufficient material thickness of the support plate or if the required material thickness of the support plate cannot be achieved, in addition, a galvanized steel sheet is mounted on the underside for reinforcement or a smaller pedestal grid is installed.
For this design solution, the stone tiles have the same size as the raised floor panels due to the system. This ensures that no tensile or bending stresses can occur in the stone covering. The stone slabs are applied to the gypsum fiber core at the factory with a special reactive resin adhesive. In this case, an adhesive is used, which has to meet high standards.
- Varied designs
- Very easy to clean
- Ideal for underfloor heating
- For natural stone floors differences in color, structure, texture and special properties
- Through various types of surface treatment, a natural stone in color, appearance and texture can be adapted to the desired requirements and applications
- Hypoallergenic, germ resistant and pollutant free
- Production is sustainable and ecological
- Pure natural product